Soher occupies a distinguished place on the renowned interior design publication SALON interior. Panther, one of the most appealing collections for those luxury furniture lovers, is the protagonist of their special mention in their magazine.
Gold leaf stands on a privileged position in the making of luxury furnishings and fine decoration pieces. We invite you to discover its unique beauty.
Civilizations rise and fall, but there is something common to all of them: the value which at all times and in all places is given to gold. And one of the techniques used to cover with gold all kinds of surfaces, from the bronze statues in ancient times to Gustav Klimt’s contemporary paintings, is gold leaf.
In Egypt, they would use it to embellish decorative elements linked to the pharaoh’s sumptuous life. Gold was also the colour of Gods for the Greeks and the Sumerians. In China and the medieval and Renaissance Europe, gold leaf also played a notable role.
Gold leaf technique in interior design and decoration
Wood, bronze, construction materials… Gold leaf can be applied to a great variety of surfaces.
It comes in booklets containing between 20 and 25 leaves, with a measure of 5 x 5 or 8 x 8 cm. Traditionally, it was made by hammering gold sheets between pieces of sheepskin and ox intestines, until they became 0,006 mm. thin. Today, the artisan procedure has allied with the latest modern techniques.
“Water gilding”, “oil gilding” or “mordant gilding” (with mixtion varnish, nowadays), were some of the techniques which made it possible for it to adhere to different surfaces.
Depending on the processes used, and the karats, the process reveals, at different degrees, all the greatness of the finest of metals.
Quality and distinction in luxury furniture
At Soher, gold leaf belongs to our philosophy, which is no other than giving our clients the noblest and highest quality materials.
Using gold leaf on our luxury furniture makes possible the combination of a millenary technique with the most innovative designs on modern furniture, elevating each piece to the category of art.
Any corner is worthy of being adorned with high-end furnishings; but some areas call for particular attention to make them authentic environments of luxury and distinction.
We all have an area of which we like to look after in a special way. A place where we surrender ourselves to reflect, relax, or where we love to dazzle our guests with good conversation in an atmosphere of unrivalled elegance and sophistication.
But there are certain areas that should always be adorned with the most exclusive pieces of interior design and decoration.
Spaces to devote to good taste in interior design and decoration
The most special corners and areas of the home can be covered with some of Soher’s exclusive pieces, which more than furniture, represent authentic objects of worship for lovers of luxury.
The most appropriate piece for each nook depends on customer preference, and other decoration spaces of the residence. This is not prevented, however, so that the reader can dream of some of the true masterpieces that Soher offers to transform spaces into luxurious environments.
1. The hall is not always given the attention it deserves; it is the part of the house that provides a first impression to visitors, and deserves attention to detail. Reserve a corner of the hall for a very elegant console like that of the Empire collection, accompanied by its imposing mirror, and crowned with one of Soher’s classical bronze figures, it will astound your most distinguished friends.
2. The living room is the most important part of the home, and as such, deserves to convey a majestic air, conferring with the glamorous dining table and chairs of the Royale Collection.
3. The office, a place for inspiration and sobriety where important decisions are made, deserves a formal writing desk like that of the Louvre collection, guarded by two imposing bronze sphinxes.
4. A bedroom for relaxation, privacy and confidentiality, and to create an environment with its own personality in this special part of the house, we have, for example, the majestic bed from the Panther collection, the beautiful pure ebony dressing table, or its refined brunch benches.
At Soher, we are pleased to have contributed to creating, with our full team of professionals, the most elegant and distinguished spaces that lovers of luxury can dream of, in private homes, institutional buildings, luxury hotels, embassies or even palaces.
All of the luxury of the Empire, Neoclassical and Elizabethan styles comes to life in a collection that reflects the appreciation of art and entrepreneurship of Soher’s signature.
The glory of neoclassicism, the solemnity of the Imperium style, and the dominion of Elizabethan furniture inspire “The classics”. Great styles of the past that fuse and converge, nonetheless preserving its purity, and in the hands of both designers and master cabinetmakers of Soher, are a delight for lovers of luxury and exclusivity.
A timeless collection that will forever remain sheltered from kitsch and fads, and that enhances values of solid and lasting beauty and distinction over time.
The attention to detail: the secret of this luxury furniture collection
As in any work, worthy of receiving the stamped signature of Soher, the pieces of Classic Furniture and are made of the most noble materials, handcrafted by the best master cabinetmakers following techniques and artisanal methods with centuries of antiquity behind them.
Standing out for its striking artisanal inlay refinement, so representative of the Elizabethan style, combining mahogany, ebony, sycamore and olive tree in the very elegant dining tables and pedestal tables collection.
The carvings are also worthy of mention and recognition. Finished with gold leaf, they are very present in other parts, such as precious mirrors and even in the stunning sofas of the collection. One element, the gold leaf, bringing a touch of glamor and gallantry to the hardwoods: Soher’s distinctive indisputable quality of craftsmanship.
Beauty, elegance, and sophistication in a luxury furniture collection: where every piece is unique on its own.
A piece of furniture or a decorative item of luxury must be considered as a unique item by itself. Nevertheless, contemplate that this way of thinking requires us to isolate it from its context, the space must cohabit with other elements, This is its dual aesthetic value: as a standalone piece and as part of a composition.
This is why Soher, rather than furniture, prefer to talk about “luxury environments”. A concept of interior design that goes beyond “furniture” to conquer space (or the corner) in order to create the atmosphere of dreams.
What can we expect from luxury or high-end furniture?
As for the furniture and decoration, there are many aspects that make a difference:
- Superior quality in raw materials: ebony, hardwoods, gold, Pearl…In Soher it is clear that the materials must be of the highest quality.
- Mastery in the hands that work: besides the raw materials, the handmade furniture, under the old techniques, passed from generation to generation by master craftsmen, provide superb finishes.
- Artistic Design: Luxury furniture is not held solely in its functionality: it’s a work of art. Like any object responds to a creative and sensual concept. As in the case of the Equus Collection , inspired by the nobility of a dressage horse.
- Sophistication: one of the successes in the aesthetic of its pieces is, according to Soher, the perfect balance between classic and new, combining tradition and innovation with elegance as a unifying principle.
- Exclusivity: Lovers of luxury articles like genuine and unique environments. This is why Soher puts its team of professionals at the disposal of its clients in order to develop distinguished and glamorous environments that are fully customised.
In summation, what makes a piece of furniture into a truly luxurious object is attention to detail, from the conceptualisation and design state, to advice and the search for personalised solutions, exclusively for the client.
One year on, Soher moves to the Russian capital, making the finest collections of luxury furniture and high decoration piecesavailable to the public in Moscow, and many visitors from abroad,
From Wednesday 14 to Saturday October 17, I Saloni Worldwide Moscow 2015 opens with its eleventh event with the aim, once again, of contacting interior designers and furniture manufacturers with high-end public and sybaritic refined taste.
I Saloni Worldwide Moscow, an important event on an international scale
In its previous ten events, it has become increasingly important to convert the event into an authentic occurrence on a global scale.
It is expected that the Fair “I Saloni Worldwide Moscow” will match or even exceed last year’s success in 2014, with 526 exhibiting companies and more than 40,000 operators and journalists.
At I Saloni Worldwide Moscow, the latest trends in interior design and decoration will be unveiled to the audience and the specialised media in the sector.
As a distinguished firm specialising in interior design and luxurious furnishings, Soher could not miss this date in Moscow, which is considered a real benchmark for the Russian market.
Soher’s pieces of furniture in the Moscow convention
After the renownedsuccess in the 2014 visit, Soher presents the best of its splendorous catalogue.
- Panther, a collection that surprises for its design, which joins the best of Art Deco and some of the most vanguard forms.
- Equus, inspired in sport and the nobility of the dressage horse; an original and glamorous collection.
The event will take place at the exhibition centre Crocus Expo-2. Soher collections will be available to the public in Hall 6, stand A14-B11.
Inspired by the splendour and the finesse of the brilliant period at the end of the XIX century
One of Soher’s luxury furniture collections that awakens the most admiration in international events is the displayed Belle Époque. Milan, Dubai or Moscow are come of the cities where this successful piece of furniture has been presented, that has also formed part of the most outstanding decoration projects in which Soher have participated. For example, the 2012 remodelling of the Governor of Jedda’s palace, and Mecca in Saudi Arabia, with multiple pieces of the collection.
Nineteenth century’s Belle Époque in Europe allowed an artistic and cultural development that Soher want to capture with this collection, with its sophistication, refinement and modernity.
Without doubt, the pieces in the Belle Époque collection Rank among the best luxury furniture that can currently be found on the market. They are hand-crafted from lacquered hardwood combined with gold or silver detail, intriguing prints and leather.